How To Install Lightroom Presets The Fast Way (In 27 Seconds)
How To Install Lightroom Presets
How To Add Lightroom Presets To Your Computer – The Quickest Ever Guide
If you’re wondering how to install lightroom presets, you’re not alone! It can be a little tricky to figure out the first time. Once you figure out how to install lightroom presets once though, its smooth sailing. Installing Lightroom Presets on a Mac or PC is actually easy once you know how. Whether you’re on a Mac or PC, adding Lightroom Presets to your computer takes just a couple steps.
Here’s our short guide showing you how to install Lightroom Presets. You’ll be up and running with your new presets in no time. Ready? Lets go!
*If you’re a more visual person, check out the 27 Second Video Guide at the bottom of this page!*
So how to install Lightroom Presets? There are two ways. The first is to drag your preset folder over into the presets panel of the Lightroom Develop Module. Easy peezy. This is technically the fastest way how to add lightroom presets to your computer, but we’d recommend the second option. The second way how to install presets in Lightroom is MOVING your presets into your Lightroom Presets Folder on your computer. This method of installing presets takes a little bit longer, but will prevent losing / accidentally deleting them in the future.
Here are the steps you’ll want to follow to move your new presets into the Lightroom Presets Folder:
How To Add Presets To Lightroom
Step 1. Download your new Lightroom Presets.
(Obviously!) Click here to download your FREE Lightroom presets from Signature Edits! (Enter Promo Code VIBES!) If your presets come in a .Zip file, you’ll want to uncompress it and put everything somewhere convenient to access later.
2. Launch Adobe Lightroom.
This is the easiest way to locate your Lightroom Presets folder.
3. Open the Lightroom Preferences window
Then click ‘Show Lightroom Presets Folder’. To open Lightroom Preferences, on a mac you’ll click where it says “Lightroom” at the top right of your menu bar and scroll down to “Preferences.” (On a PC, you’ll have to click “Edit” and then select preferences. From here on out, the steps are all the same.)
4. Copy the presets folders into each category inside your Lightroom Presets folder.
When you’re adding presets to Lightroom you’ll want to organize them into their respective folders. Develop Presets go in the develop folder, adjustment presets in the adjustment folder etc. If you’ve downloaded some Develop Presets from Signature Edits, you’ll drag them into the Develop Folder. If you’ve downloaded some Lightroom adjustment layer presets, you’ll drag them into the Adjustment Layer folder etc.
5. Restart Lightroom to activate the new presets.
They should now show up and be ready to go! If for any reason they don’t appear, you might have placed them inside the wrong folder. Double check, and if that doesn’t work try restarting Lightroom again. BAM – You now know how to install presets in Lightroom + how to add Lightroom Presets to your computer. Give yourself a high five!
If you’ve installed Develop Presets, they should now appear on the left column in the develop window!
So there you have it! The visual guide for How To Add New Lightroom!
PresetsLightroom Presets Troubleshooting Guide – possible issues and their solutions!
Preset Download Issues:
If the download isn’t working, try a different internet browser.
On a Mac this shouldn’t be an issue. If on a PC right clicking does not offer “extract files”, then you may need to download an external program to unzip. We recommend trying WinRar, a free unzipping program.
Presets Not Showing Up in Lightroom
- Try restarting Lightroom
- If the preset pack name shows in Lightroom but not the individual presets, click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
- Make sure the folder you copied into the Develop Presets folder actually holds the presets and not another folder.
- Make sure you copied the your presets into the right folder.
- Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This means your presets will only be available in whichever particular Lightroom Catalogue you first installed them.
- On a PC, make sure that you actually extracted the zip file. If you merely double clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy/paste correctly and will NOT show up in your Lightroom.
Download your FREE Sample Presets Enter Promo Code “VIBES” (All Caps!)
Here is the super fast demo video guide to installing LR Presets: